Welcome to our Carelumina Review!
There has been some buzz about this company so we decided to investigate what it was all about…
Some say it’s a scam while others Carelumina reviews are saying legit so what is it?
The good news is we are going to walk you through the company, products and compensation plan so you can make the right decision.
Let’s dig in this Carelumina review…
No information has been provided by Carelumina provide about who owns or runs the company on their website.
The sole corporate management member listed in a website featured Carelumina marketing video is Vice President of Business Development, Emil Dostovic.
Dostovic seems to have had a modelling career prior to Carelumina.
Dostovic’s Instagram bio reveals he has appeared in Milan, Paris, NYC, MIA fashion weeks and most major publications worldwide.
There is no MLM history available for Dostovic.
If an MLM company does not reveal who is running or owns it, think twice before joining and/or investing any money.
Products of Carelumina
Carelumina assert they offer something for everyone, as reflected in their hodgepodge of a product range.
The products offered include cold-pressed juice, health and wellness, personal care, and “services”.
Carelumina assert their cold-pressed juice provides complete nutritional wellness that is delivered right to your door.
Their juice, as claimed, is 100% raw fruit and vegetable juice designed by physicians to ensure the best nutritional value.
The juice is cold-pressured to kill at least 99.999% of bacteria and microorganisms while still maintaining its nutritional value. The juice is safe up to 30 days.
Carelumina juice flavors include:
- E1 : kale, ginger, cucumber, green apple, lemon and turmeric
- E2 : carrot, grape, lemon, celery, parsley and turmeric
- E3 : green apple, turmeric, cucumber, swiss chard and romaine
- E4 : bok choy, parsley, green apple, ginger, spinach, turmeric, cucumber, and lemon
- E5 : spinach, turmeric, cucumber, beetroot and pineapple
- E6 : fennel, orange, cucumber, romaine, green apple and ginger
Retail pricing is per 6, 12 or 24 bottles:
- $70 for 6 bottles
- $130 for 12 bottles or
- $250 for 24 bottles
The personal care products of Carelumina’s include beauty and skin care ranges:
- B1 Refresh : activated charcoal cleanser, sells at $25 a bottle
- B2 Prepare : vitamin C antioxidant toner, sells at $25 a bottle
- B3 Restore : anti-aging stem cell serum, sells at $35 a bottle
- B4 Hydrate : utra vitamin C moisturizer, sells at $35 a bottle
- B5 Illuminate : revitalizing eye creme, sells at $35 a bottle
- B6+A4 Repair : anti-wrinkle retinol moisturizer, sells at $35 a bottle
- B7 Brilliant : skin lightening creme, sells at $35 a bottle
- A1 Pure : anti-acne deep cleanser, sells at $25 a bottle
- A2 Clear : anti-acne healing toner, sells at $25 a bottle
- A3 – Flawless : anti-blemish spot treatment, sells at $25 a bottle
There’s also an 18 products hair care range, with Carelumina offering a full catalog on their website.
The health and wellness range of Carelumina’s targets nutrition and fitness:
- Calm : “no stress + anti aging”, sells at $30 a bottle
- Rest : “sleep well”, sells at $40 a bottle
- Grow : “hair + nail”, sells at $40 a bottle
- Slim : “skinny me”, sells at $40 a bottle
- Charge : “get fit”, sells at $60 a tub
- Build : premium whey protein, sells at $70 a canister
The third-party services offered through Carelumina include:
- roadside assistance : $15
- telehealth : $25
- tech support : $15
- identity protection : $15 and
- credit monitoring : $25
Assumingly, these are monthly subscription costs. However, the Carelumina website doesn’t explicitly clarify.
The above services can also be bought in Essential Protection ($35) and Complete Protection ($75) bundles.
The Compensation Plan of Carelumina
The compensation of Carelumina combines retail sales and commissions with residuals given out through a unilevel compensation plan.
The payable unilevel levels are extended by a generation bonus, with additional performance-based bonuses also offered.
Carelumina Affiliate Ranks
There are 7 affiliate ranks within the compensation plan of Carelumina.
They are as follows:
- Independent Representative (IR) : sign up as an affiliate of Careluminia, (IRs do not qualify for MLM commissions)
- Manager : create 3 customer points within the qualification pay period
- Senior Manager : enlist at least 2 IRs or higher and produce at least 5 customer points within the qualification pay period
- Regional Manager : preserve at least 2 personally enlisted Manager or higher ranked affiliates and produce at least 10 customer points within the qualification pay period
- National Manager : enlist and maintain at least 3 Regional Manager or higher ranked affiliates and produce at least 20 customer points within the qualification pay period
- Director : preserve at least 3 personally enlisted National Manager or higher ranked affiliates, produce at least 30 customer points and have a downline producing at least 1000 customer points within the qualification pay period
- Presidential : enlist and maintain at least 4 Director or higher ranked affiliates, maintain at least 30 customer points and have a downline producing at least 2000 customer points within the qualification pay period
Customer points are produced when retail customers buy Carelumina products and/or service subscriptions.
There is no sign of corresponding generated customer points in the Carelumina compensation plan.
There is also no clarification with respect to the “qualification pay period”, as to whether this is weekly or monthly.
Although some commissions are paid by Carelumina weekly, I believe the qualification pay period cited in the compensation plan is monthly recurring.
The affiliates of Carelumina are paid a retail commission on sales of products and services to retail customers.
- Independent Representatives get a 40% retail commission
- Manager and higher ranked affiliates get a 60% retail commission
The percentage of retail commission is paid as a percentage of generated sales volume, not the retail value of products and/or services ordered.
The affiliates of Carelumina get a “Fast Start Training Bonus” when they enlist a new affiliate who qualifies at the Manager rank.
- the direct upline (recruiting affiliate) get a 40% Fast Start Training Bonus
- their upline (the affiliate who recruited the recruiting affiliate) gets a 10% bonus
The Fast Start Training Bonus is given as a percentage of generated sales volume.
The compensation plan of Carelumina doesn’t specify what sales volume this is.
The residual commissions are paid by Carelumina through a unilevel compensation structure.
An affiliate is placed at the top of a unilevel team by a unilevel compensation structure. Every personally enlisted affiliate is placed directly under them at level 1.
When any level 1 affiliate recruits new affiliates, they are put on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
When any level 2 affiliate recruits new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on down a theoretical unlimited number of levels.
Residual commissions are given out as a percentage of generated sales volume from the sale and purchase of Carelumina products and services within a unilevel team.
The number of levels a Carelumina affiliate earns residual commissions on is determined by rank:
- Manager : 60% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- Senior Manager : 60% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 2% on levels 3 to 7
- Regional Manager : 60% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 3% on levels 3 to 7
- National Manager : 60% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 4% on levels 3 to 7
- Director : 60% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 5% on levels 3 to 7
- Presidential : 60% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 6% on levels 3 to 7
Generation Bonuses potentially allow an affiliate of Carelumina to earn on sales volume produced beyond 7 unilevel team levels.
A generation in the compensation plan of Carelumina is defined when a National Manager or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
That affiliate caps off the 1st generation of that leg, with the 2nd starting immediately after.
If no other National Manager or higher ranking affiliates are found in that leg, the 2nd generation extends down the full depth of the leg.
If a 2nd National Manager or higher ranked affiliate exists, the 2nd generation of that unilevel leg is capped off.
The generations are calculated independently for every individual unilevel leg.
Making use of this generational framework, a Generation Bonus is paid by Carelumina to National Manager and higher ranked affiliates as follows:
- National Managers get 1% on 2 generations of National Managers per unilevel leg
- Directors receive 1% on 2 generations of Directors per unilevel leg
- Presidentials receive 2% on 2 generations of Presidentials per unilevel leg
Presidential Shared Bonus Pool
Carelumina acquire 4% of company-wide created sales volume and place it in the Presidential Shared Bonus Pool.
Each Presidential ranked affiliate of Carelumina gets an equal share in the Presidential Shared Bonus Pool.
The compensation plan of Carelumina does not mention how often the Presidential Shared Bonus pool is paid out.
Customer Acquisition Shares Bonus Pool
Carelumina acquire 2% of company-wide generated sales volume and put it in the Customer Acquisition Shares Bonus Pool.
The Customer Acquisition Shares Bonus Pool is shared equally among qualified “Customer Specialists”.
In order to qualify as a Customer Specialist, a Carelumina affiliate must
- produce at least 200 customer points
- have a downline producing at least 2000 customer points and
- preserve an average customer retention rate of 8 months
The customer point quotas are due each “qualification pay period”, and are believed to be monthly.
The affiliates of Director and Presidential Carelumina get a monthly Car Bonus:
- Directors get $800
- Presidentials get $1600
The Independent Representative membership of Carelumina costs $200 and then $25 monthly.
A free affiliate membership option is also available, but free affiliates are unable to earn MLM commissions.
The retention of nutritional value versus “sit on the shelf for a month” juice is appreciable.
That being said, at $11.66 for a 12 fl oz. (355 ml) bottles, or $32.84 a liter, Carelumina’s cold-pressed juice is a luxury item.
Although Carelumina’s juices have a wide range of ingredients and conveniently delivered to your doorsteps, home-made juice with a well invested in juicer will probably give it a run for its money.
The remaining Carelumina’s products and services looks very much tacked on.
Carelumina have put some effort while presenting its non-juice products and services.
At first-glance, the compensation plan of Carelumina appears to be very retail customer focused.
It states, the Carelumina Compensation Plan is based upon the sale of Carelumina products.
Independent Representatives must fulfill personal and downline organization retail sales requirements in order to be eligible for bonuses, rebates, commissions, and advancement to levels of achievement.
CP includes purchases made by the Independent Representative and Direct Retail Customers.
Customer implies Direct Retail or Preferred Customer. Customers may buy product or services for personal use only and may not resell product. An Independent Representative is not and may not act as Customer.
However, it again states, all Independent Representatives are still needed to have their personal monthly Smartship order to fulfill monthly requirements as specified in the Compensation plan.
There is no mention anywhere in the compensation plan of Carelumina, other than that affiliate autoship is mandatory.
The sign up options of Carelumina’s affiliate are “Affiliate” and “Independent Representative”.
Affiliate is free and produces a 20% retail commission (no MLM).
Independent Representative costs $200 and then $25 monthly including Family TeleHealth Plan.
Considering this, the statement that Smartship, Smartship Agreement means the optional Carelumina program or service that automatically ships or renews a product or service to the Independent Representatives sounds extremely misleading.
The affiliate career progression of Carelumina is tied to rank, which is primarily based on customer point generation.
The affiliates of Carelumina are needed to sign an agreement acknowledging that the compensation plan of Carelumina is based solely upon the acquisition of customers.
Personal customer points count only an affiliate’s purchases and that of their retail customers.
Other than generating minimum sales volume quotas per affiliate recruited monthly, there is no reason to force Carelumina affiliates onto a $25 autoship.
The acquisition of retail customer has to happen if the upper customer point requirements are to be met ($25 autoship only produces 1 customer point), so why saddle affiliates with an unnecessary financial burden?
Carelumina affiliates get nothing for it in return for the $200 sign-up fee, other than the potential to earn MLM commissions, provided they generate 3 customer points.
Herein, lie the trap.
If an affiliate of Carelumina is already being forced to generate 1 customer point monthly via a minimum $25 order, what is 2 more to start earning on a recruited downline.
The good news is, recognizing whether you’re getting into a retail-orientated business or affiliate autoship enlistment chain is pretty straight-forward.
You can ask your potential upline the ratio of customer points created by their own purchases and that of their retail customers.
Considering as Carelumina take a note to boast about an “average lifetime customer retention rate” of 8 months, it also would not hurt to ask how many retail customers the affiliate has who have been purchasing for 8 or more months.
The Carelumina compensation plan needs a rework.
Abolishing obligatory affiliate autoship and not counting affiliate product/service purchases toward customer points would be a great start. Transparency about who owns and/or runs Carelumina is also required.
Approach with caution.
Aaron and Shara What Do You Suggest?
That being said, if you have never marketed online or offline before, finding people could be very difficult for you.
We know when we first started trying to make money online, we failed miserably and we had no idea how to recruit.
That is why, we first started out by learning how to become a good marketers, but in this business you don't have to be a good marketer at all!
If you don’t want to be in a business that requires you to host home parties or call all your friends and recruit your family to buy your stuff no worries.
We have the perfect business for you where you don’t have to recruit, you don’t have to own any product if you don't want to and oh did we mention it’s ONLY $3 to start!!!
You will learn step by step on how to build a profitable business online WITHOUT having to market or recruit anyone else!
You will also get a one on one adviser to help you every step of the way.
Anyways, we hope you enjoyed the Review. Please comment below if you are part of this company as our readers would love to know how you are doing.
Also, if there are any products or companies out there you want us to review please let us know!
Follow Us on Social Media Below (We are a Real People :)):