Thanks for stopping by to read our RebelBetting review. The impressive truth about RebelBetting is that they have customers in all continents including Antarctica.
We have had our eyes on these guys since 2007!
What is RebelBetting?
RebelBetting offers software for Sports Arbitrage. This software is based on algorithms that identify variedly priced online bookmaker odds for the same sporting event.
Please continue reading and enjoy our full RebelBetting Review
You can create your free account here
RebelBetting was launched by Clarobet AB, a small software developing team and sports betting specialists in Umea, the north of Sweden.
RebelBetting was introduced in 2006 when 2 programmers and 2 poker players developed the application. In 2009 RebelBetting was used from 62 countries and was nominated to the Young Entrepreneur award. It is efficient in operation and had earnings before interest and tax of Skr3.6m ($523,000) on revenues of SKr6.7m in 2013. Currently, they aid users from more than 120 countries to make money from sports betting.
An Interview with CEO Simon Renstrom
This interview was conducted between RebelBetting CEO Simon and Joshua Walker (GEM Publisher) in Jan 2016.
- Please tell us briefly about the starting point of Rebel Betting. When and how did you start this business and what was your vision?
In 2006, two RebelBetting founders conducted research on the sports arbitrage market. At the time, it consisted of a few poor products. However, there were still good possibilities to make money. It triggered the idea of building a sports arbitrage service. In 2007, a RebelBetting prototype was built with showed good results. A decision was taken to march ahead and in 2008, the company ClaroBet AB was formed. Now, the small team comprised of 2 experienced programmers and 2 professional poker players.
We had a high ambition and still it is very high. Our goal is to create the best RebelBetting arbitrage service worldwide.
- Can you elaborate a bit on your ethical philosophy for administering business in internet industry where people face many unethical rogues?
You can join us by creating a FREE Account here
Since the business of gambling has a rather bad reputation, and considering the number of sports arbitrage scams, RebelBetting decided early on to do the exact opposite of our competitors:
- Act ethically and honestly in our marketing and business.
- Never make impractical claims or downplay the threats of arbing.
- Be open and transparent.
- Introduce ourselves and also our board of directors.
- Offer outstanding support and try to reply to all mails within 12 hours.
- Hear out our customers.
- Maintain a long-term plan for the company and the product.
- Constantly improve
In the beginning, the RebelBetting idea was not to sell the product and use it only internally. It changed for a few reasons: there is a realistic maximum bankroll you can generate per day, and the idea of creating a “sweatshop” with arbers did not appeal to us. Currently, we are generating income both by selling, and using the product ourselves. This way, there is even more incentive to build the best possible product.
RebelBetting has been rewarded with the “most popular arbitrage service”
- How is your organization structured and how many employees are there?
ClaroBet AB is owned privately in Sweden. There are four people who are working full time with RebelBetting. We have a great network of people aiding us part time.
- Can you introduce your key personnel?
Everyone is introduced on the RebelBetting Who We Are Page.
Legal Structure & Compliance
- What sort of legal structure do you set up for your business under which jurisdiction?
ClaroBet AB is owned and registered privately in Sweden under Swedish law.
- An you share the registration details depending on the type of business formation?
ClaroBet is registered by the Swedish Companies Registration Office (“Bolagsverket”).
- What sort of license have you acquired for your current business activities?
No gambling services are offered by ClaroBet, and we are in compliance with the Swedish Lotteries Act.
ClaroBet does not provide financial advice and we are in compliance with the Financial Advisory Services to Consumers Act.
Market Insight – Sports Arbitrage
- In theory sports arbitrage is a surebet. Technically speaking everyone involved can generate money so it should be very attractive. However, its total surebet market is not very big judging from the popularity in public forum or Google search. Can you enlighten why?
There are different reasons why there is lack of active sports arbitrage traders:
- It’s not a popular activity
- For many, it sounds too good to be true
- It needs time and effort to understand the idea and get started
- It needs a bank roll (1000-2000 EUR minimum)
It has certain risks. The risks can be minimized. If you compare it to a normal ROI of 10% per month, it’s almost impossible not to make profit.
- Is this market growing?
Yes, in multiple ways.
At any given moment, there are thousands of quality arbitrages. During a normal weekend, we can average almost 4000 arbitrages (and 400.000 odds) at any given moment.
Every year we add numerous new bookmakers to our service, and also fresh ways to merge markets to get new arbs (“cross market arbs”).
Bookmakers and odds: Books are getting better at automatically balancing their books against the competition, yet they still require to have attractive odds to survive the strong competition. In the gambling business, the margins have been gradually declining from an average of around 8% closer to 5% today. The Pinnacle Sports have around 2%.
Sports arbitrage traders: There is a steady increase in the number of active traders monthly, but it’s still a somewhat unknown activity.
- What is the general attitude of Bookies on sports arbitrage trading?
Normally, the better the books are at setting their odds, the more they like sports arbitrage trading. The traders provide them a boost in turnover.
The books which are not good at setting odds, or usually try to have very attractive odds, generally appeal to the smaller gamblers and try to limit expert traders.
- Please list the Chief Factors of Success for a newbie:
Dedication, patience, time and keeping a cool head
- What could be the Risk or Things RebelBetting arb traders should avoid:
The biggest risks include, cancelling a bet, individual (human) mistakes, limiting bookmakers, and moving odds. A great part of the e-book deals with how to avoid, limit or mitigate these risks.
Programme / Service / Product Profile
- Please list your available products or services with brief explanation.
There are two products, RebelBetting Free and RebelBetting Pro.
RebelBetting Free presents all simple arbs up to 0.6%. It’s good for learning the basics, and is free to use.
RebelBetting Pro Subscription is normally cheaper the more months you buy. Mostly, they start with the 39 EUR trial week, and then move on to purchasing monthly (129 EUR), 6 months (89 EUR/mo) or 1 year (69 EUR/mo).
- Can you share some of your RebelBetting business statistics such as:
- Number of current Members;
I can’t give out trade secrets but currently, we have over 55,000 subscribers to our newsletter
- Number of Bookies you cover;
- Number of sports Categories RebelBetting cover (& its details);
Tennis, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, American Football, Rugby, Ice Hockey, and Aussie Rules.
- Number of Areas / Countries RebelBetting cover (& its details);
All of them.
- Number of RebelBetting arb opportunities per day (average);
At any given moment, between 2000 and 4000 arbitrages (the number of arbs are capped, and we don’t display the smallest).
- Number of minutes / time (age) each arb lasts (average), if available;
The RebelBetting arbs are of two kinds. The majority is slow and can stay for hours, and the fast ones can disappear very fast. Usually, larger arbs last shorter.
- Percentage of palpable error that occurred in your listed arb opportunities, if available;
You will learn not to play on high odds that are in risk of being negated as a “palpable error” by the bookmaker.
- Do you intend to set any capping for the total number of clients from optimal management viewpoint?
RebelBetting put a limit to how many subscribers we will accept. If there are too many subscribers, it will begin to affect the market, and the arbs will disappear before majority can bet on them.
- In one word, what’s your cental competence compared with numerous other sports arbitrage programmes?
RebelBetting unique features include the AutoLogin and AutoSurf features. The other sports arbitrage doesn’t have these services. Our users seem to really like getting to the arbs in seconds time, and not manually having to browse to the correct event or team and find the exact market.
RebelBetting are also happy with the quality of our arbs. We own lesser “false positives” than other services. It’s really complex to match events, participants and markets and to ensure everything is correct when the data is not presented in a structured way by the bookmakers.
We feel our Windows client is the most user-friendly and advanced.
- What could be the shortfall of your RebelBetting compared with your major competitors?
RebelBetting does not cover as many books as some competitors. Of course, it will improve, and we never get complaints about too few arbs.
- Can you enlighten us about your key financial statements such as B/S, P/L and C/F?
See answer below.
- If not, is there a way you want to prove your financial health for long-term going concern?
We’ve been profitable from the launch in 2008.
- RebelBetting are asked to pay you subscription fee in advance up to yearly level. Are there any refund plan in case some unforeseeable event makes you close your business? If you have, how are the funds secured to use for refund as a contingency? Or is the entire subscription fee non-refundable once they are paid to you?
The RebelBetting subscriptions can be cancelled and refunded at any time within 7 days of purchase.
RebelBetting Customers can usually claim a chargeback when purchasing with credit card in this unlikely scenario.
- Can you briefly explain about RebelBetting IT back-up & Disaster Recovery plan?
Each interna RebelBettingl server and workstation is backed up to the Amazon cloud every night. The database is backed up every hour, and copied online every night.
RebelBetting also operate a disk imaging software that replicates the entire hard drive of the important computers each night. In case any disaster occurs, we could be back up within hours.
- Is there any possible occasion where you report RebelBetting members’ personal information with the authorities in their jurisdiction?
We only store usernames, email and in certain cases ip numbers. We will never disclose any personal information about our customers unless required by Swedish law.
- What is RebelBetting long-term vision?
We will keep improving to be the number one arbitrage service in the world. We might have branched out with diverse related products. We might be forced to limit the number of subscribers.
We don’t plan to sell the company unless a very good offer is given. We plan to work on RebelBetting for many years.
- What will be the probable causes enforcing you to close your business, if any?
In case of dramatic changes in the legal situation concerning sports betting in Sweden or Europe.
A new competitor with vast investments taking the majority of the market.
Financially, we are very solid and there is no risk in that regard.
Summary of Key Unique Advantages
The followings can be the core advantages of RebelBetting over the competitors;
Auto Login & Auto Surf features
Apparently, the biggest advantage is its automation and usability of the software. Autologin and autosurf features automate majority of the arbing process.
You are able to automatically avoid most of the pitfalls with the Auto Log-In & Auto Surf RebelBetting software. Those include Palpable Error, Reversed Participants, Mixed Rules, Stake Kidnapping, Odds Changing, and more with proper alarming.
A little elaboration is needed on the Odds Changing as it’s a critical element. There may be several arb opportunities available each day, though they all last for a few minutes before expiring because of the quick odds change. It makes finding opportunities and placing bets in time important but very difficult. Auto Login & Surf function permits you to place the bet in seconds. It ensures you to take advantage of more arbitrage opportunities properly.
One Stop Shopping
The main product of the RebelBetting is Sports Arbitrage, but they also provide great Matched Betting Software Service.
The standard Arbitrage service also offers “Middles”. It is a pretty profitable trading opportunity that permits you to win both (or more) placed bets.
Reliable Company with Continuous Improvements
The RebelBetting is famous for comprehensive customer support with a fast response. They strive to improve their service by occasionally adding the bookmakers they cover. They are financially sound from the start and are reaching 10 years operation, which proves an ethical & honest management.
In-play betting has been gaining popularity in the sports betting industry, as the mobile betting is increasing. It means the arbitrage opportunities should also surge in the In-Play Betting.
Simon remarks about their status in the interview as;
- Any current improvements project such as In-Play arb?
Currently, we are not planning this because of the large risks for players. We might add this in the future as a feature for the more experienced arbitrage traders.
Conclusion & Action Plans
Simon from RebelBetting remarked that “A normal player can make 10 to 13 per cent per month. The greater bankroll you have the better up to a threshold of around €35,000, after which it gets increasingly difficult to distribute the money.”
It means, you can generate €4,550 monthly (€35,000 x 13%).
Let’s look at the conservative model scenario as follows;
Average Monthly Profit: 11%
Period: 1 year and subscription cost is €69/month (the shorter the period, the bigger the cost)
Expected Profit: €5,000 x 11% – €69 = €481/month and €5,772/year
This is a practical model proven by many subscribers and certainly not bad for your extra income.
It is worth making a Free Trial. As instructed by Simon you can enroll by following the procedures:
How to Start
Please click here for a Free Sign Up and get the free e-book. You will receive a confirmation link via an email. Click on the link and get the Free e-book.
After reading the RebelBetting basics, you can download the free version of RebelBetting. You will be asked to register with username, email and password.
Try the RebelBetting software in free mode, and register on the bookmaker sites.
You can buy the RebelBetting subscriptions later after you feel comfortable with the service. You will then get all arbitrages.
Configure the RebelBetting alerts to receive a visual or audio alert whenever a good arb turns up.
Have RebelBetting running in the background and keep your computer accessible.
Review the RebelBetting arb (as described in the e-book) when the alert goes off, and place the bets.
Log your RebelBetting arbs and review results from previous day.
Decide on a goal, for instance number of arbs in a day, or hours per week.
Don’t be taken aback if you reach 15 or even 20% profit the first month. It settles for most people around 10-13% monthly.
Follow Us on Social Media Below (We are a Real People :)):
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel Here
Leave a Reply